Travelling around Australia in a motorhome. A story of our travels starting from NSW then through Queensland, across to Northern Territory and Western Australia, then to South Australia, Victoria and finally across the seas to Tasmania. We have enjoyed everywhere we have visited and look forward to setting off again in our motorhome.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tamworth 11 December 2008

In the morning we had a look at the enormous and neglected railway station at Werris Creek. Heather can remember stopping there in the middle of the freezing night and waiting for the connecting train to Walgett. Like most towns we visited, Werris Creek is slowly dying, with empty shops and desolate streets. The locals blame it all on Tamworth being only half an hour away. Drove onto Tamworth, which was striking in contrast – a bustling, noisy city of 35,000 people. Peter remembers it best from working for the SES, when he had to handle the media attention from a big flood that swept through the town. Ironically, Tamworth is just cleaning up from another flood along the Peel River. Decided not to camp near the river, but found a campsite just north of the city and settled down for a quiet night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog

8:36 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

8:14 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You these things, I have read twice, for me, this is a relatively rare phenomenon!
fishing net

5:08 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home